Re: Anyone use MMC's with their pole transformers???????????

In a message dated 9/3/02 2:17:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Any non-Tesla
> > > folks who heard this would think the pig in question was the type that
> > > gets sliced into hams and porkchops   :)
> > >
> > > John
>
>     "Pole pigs" have been around for at least 80 years, probably more.
> Since the very early days of ham CW (read that tube transmitters) around
> 1920/21 guys have been using them (mostly 110/220 - 2200) for plate
> supply transformers, and the earliest reference I remember reading used
> the term.
>
> There's nothing new under the sun!
>
> Ed

Ed, all,

I agree.  I didn't mean to say that only Tesla folks would be
familiar with the term.  I really meant that non-technical folks
would probably be not familiar with the term.  (I just wanted to
clarify what I meant to say since comments on the list are
often misunderstood, or misquoted, etc.)

John