Re: Styrofoam top loads

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Dwight.Crider-at-regulusgroup-dot-com>

Back more years than I like to think about, we used to fabricate U-Control
airplane wings from styrofoam that worked quite well with excellent
dimensional stability after doping the covering. The trick was using a hot
wire for cutting. The long straight lines of the wing made strut pattern
guides and the stretched hot wire an excellent choice.  Multiple passes at
tangents to the proposed curvature would still be a great improvement over
the sawing, grinding method-air ventilation is easier than
vacuuming/masking.

Dwight Crider