How much voltage is really needed...

Hi Antonio,

At 08:44 PM 9/2/2002 -0300, you wrote:
>Tesla list wrote:
>How much voltage is really needed at the output of a Tesla coil?
>
>Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz

A very very difficult question!!

Apparently it depends on peak voltage, Fo, power available (energy in the
secondary system), radius of the terminal, secondary L/C ratio (impedance),
and "Q" (that seems to be a big one for me ;-)), "weather", surronding
humidity (drastic affects on "Q" insome cases)...

Apparently just hitting 300kV is not enough...  What is fun, is that the
answers here are very few and far between.  We really don't know...

Cheers,

	Terry