Re: Question regarding NST Phasing . . .

Hi Dan,

If you have a variac and an AC amp meter, you can try this "different" way
that is simple to understand from a theoretical point of view and not much
can go wrong.

Just hook up both NSTs in parallel and feed them a little voltage (like 30
volts) off the variac and note the current they draw.  Then reverse either
the primary or secondary connections and do it again.

The way that draws the smallest current (much less than one amp) is the
correct connection.  That is where both NSTs are working together.  In the
other case, the connections are fighting each other and drawing a whole lot
more current (a few amps at least).

Cheers,

	Terry