Styrofoam top loads

Original poster: "John Richardson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jprich-at-up-dot-net>

Hi Steve,

Wouldn't it be easier to purchase a large block of styrofoam from a craft
shop as opposed to laminating together several thinner pieces?  I even think
that they can be purchased around the holidays in a circular shape for
people to make wreaths, etc.  Another thought, although I'm not sure how
practical it would be:
When I was a child I remember my mother gold leafing picture frames and the
like.  The leaf was extremely thin, and one had to electrostatically charge
a small brush, pick up the leaf, and apply it to the surface already tacky
with special glue.  It was time consuming, but I remember that the results
always turned out smooth.  I'd take a trip to a craft shop for foam
doughnuts, and then stop off at a picture framing shop to find out if it
could be done.  I'm sure that there are metallic options out there other
than gold, and the supplies should be cheap enough!?

John Richardson