RE: Anyone use MMC's with their pole transformers???????????

Original poster: "Jeff W. Parisse by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>

[cut]

> Big MMCs can easily handle pig systems with a little care.  They are
> far more capable than any comercial cap but you just have to watch the

> numbers more.

Far more capable in what way? I would imagine that the ESR, stray lead
inductance and relatively complicated construction (lots of discrete
parts, resistors, buss bars, etc.) would make MMCs a lower quality
device as compared to a professionally designed, commercially
manufactured, rated, pulse cap (two plates, two terminals, one
dielectric and one case)...

I reworked an MMC array for a 8" 120mA test coil and I was impressed
that it worked as well as it did.

I have a test bed (pro haunted house) that would be a good "real world"
comparison for Pro cap vs.. MMC.

One of the TCML MMC vendors should contact me (before Oct. 31st) about a
head to head performance test (after Oct. 31st).

Jeff