JavaTC and ETesla6 Questions

Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Please excuse the long post.

I'm getting ready to build another coil, and was
attempting to use JavaTC and ETesla6, when I ran into
something that didn't seem right. To begin with, I
plugged the following into JavaTC:

Secondary Diameter		8.125
Secondary Height		69
Bare Wire Diameter		.0403
Insulation Thickness		.0014
Spacing Between Turns		0
Toroid Major Diameter		24
Toroid Minor Diameter		6
Sphere Diameter			0
Top Terminal Reduction		0

Which gave me:

Number of Turns			1600.9
Inductance			58.22
Toroid Capacitance		26.5
Loaded Resonant Frequency	85.69

OK so far.

Then I used the following in ETesla6:

*Grid Size
150
*Units of Measure
*1 = mm
*2 = cm
*3 = inches
*4 = Feet
*5 = meters
3
*1-Bare 2-Terminal
2
*Ceiling Height
188
*Wall Distance
120
*Primary Inner Turn Height
24
*Primary Inner Diameter
11.125
*Primary Outer Diameter
22.375
*Primary Outer Turn Height
24
*Strike Rail Height
0
*Strike Rail Diameter
0
*Secondary Base Height
25
*Secondary Diameter
8.125
*Secondary Winding Length
69
*Meaured Secondary Inductance
58.22
*First Top Terminal Center Height
94
*First Top Terminal Cord Diameter
6
*First Top Terminal Center to Center Diameter
18
*Second Top Terminal Center Height
0
*Second Top Terminal Cord Diameter
0
*Second Top Terminal Center to Center Diameter
0
*Top Terminal Voltage
100
*Begin Run Approval
1

Which gave me:

Ccalc		33.36432
Fcalc		114193.89

Here's where it get's wierd. In order to "force"
JavaTC to match these results, I had to enter 97.6%
for Top Terminal Reduction. Is that possible? Surely I
made a mistake somewhere.

thanks
Adam

=====