Re: Ground Rods & Secondary Leads: How long is too long??

Original poster: "robert heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

The max lead length is reached when you approach 1/4 wanelength of the wire.
At 1/8 wavelength of the wire you start problems. Please note my use of the
tern "wire length" not free space length. The two are NOT the same. Wire
length is much less because of capacitance and other factors. less 20%
      Robert  H