Re: new coiling program

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Christopher \"CajunCoiler\" Mayeux by way of Terry
Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <cajuncoiler-at-cox-dot-net>

> Due to meteorological constraints today, I sat down and wrote some software
> for us coilers to use.  It's called "CapCalc", and it makes easy work of
> calculating the capacitance of a saltwater cap under construction.

(1.5 M is quite excessive.)
I have made a similar program that calculates, among several other
things, the shapes of the plates of a Leyden jar made with a conical
cup and the resulting capacitance.
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/programs/elcal.zip (118 K)
I used it to make these jars for my large Bonetti machine:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/bbleydnw.jpg
The default values are for them.
It also calculates single flat plate capacitors, spark gap voltages,
several things about Van de Graaff generators, etc.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz