Re: Tesla's Wireless Power Transmission

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "marc metlicka by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

> Tesla list wrote:
> >
> > Original poster: "D.C. Cox by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>
> >

> > An article in the Oct./Nov/ issue of "The Industrial Physicist" sums up
David
> > Criswell's recent presentation at the World Energy Congress 2001.
> >
> > Topic is WPT (Wireless Power Transmission) utilizing microwave beams.  He
> > discusses a "microwave frequency window" that could make the system work.
> >
> > Interesting facts and figures.
>
>  With some research into the new H.A.R.P. system and what it is capable
> of doing, things become very intriguing!
>  An interview with a harp tech, he was quoted as saying "Basically we
> are building on early 1900 Tesla theories, now that technology has
> caught up, interesting things are possible".
>  I think it time some knowledgeable coilers look into the H.A.R.P.
> project, they won't be disappointed!
>
> (terry, it will be on topic once one understands)
>

> > Dr. Resonance

	With regard to HAARP technology, the one thing it isn't capable of is
sending significant amounts of power "by wireless".  The antenna arrays
point straight up and, even if they didn't, it's easy to calculate the
gain of the array and, given the frequency and power, how much power
could be received at a distance.

	I don't know what "Tesla technology" the "technician" was talking
about, but as near as I can read "Tesla technology" it involves sending
power by means of base-loaded vertical towers and NON-HERTZIAN methods.
HAARP uses horizontal polarization, HERTZIAN waves, and the broad-band
antennas don't involve base loading.

Ed