Re: Sig gen and o-scopes

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

You really don't even need an oscilloscope to find the resonant frequency of
your coils.

I have a couple oscilloscopes (including a beautiful Tektronix 3054B
4-Channel Phosphor scope which I just bought for $10,000) and i never really
use
them much to tune my coils.  I use the dual LED method to find resonant
frequencies.

If you are looking to get an oscillator, make sure you get a HP 200 series
oscillator.  You can get these from ebay for about $20-30.  These are still
the
best oscillators since they can output almost a 100 VAC ! ! ! !

Dan