RE: WinTesla Equations Version 5.5

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

I would suggest that WinTesla make no attempt to calculate static gap
spacings.  This is something that must be determined experimentally, since
everyone's electrode geometry (and altitude!) will be different.  While a
ballpark figure would be useful, I fear that nubies seeing a figure
generated by a widely used computer program would take that as Gospel and
make no further attempt to set the gap experimentally.

But even as a ballpark, do you really believe that a 6kV NST (8.4kV peak)
will jump a 1 inch gap?  Certainly not at sea level!

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA