304 vacuum tubes

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hello!

Im probably going to be getting a pair of 304 TH or TL ( i cant remember)
tubes from a very nice man that i met at the teslathon recently, and i need
some help.  First of all, does anyone have any ideas of where to get sockets
for these tubes?!?!  I also am searching for the heat sinked plate and grid
connectors.  If anyone knows where, let me know!  Also, if i were to run the
filaments in series, i would only need 20V at 12A for both tubes correct?  I
realize that these tubes have 2 filament windings, so i was wondering if
this would be any problem.  But i have found my filament transformer if this
will work.  So my next question is, can i use a 20v 20A transformer without
running the tubes too hot?  I would assume that the tubes will only draw as
much current as needed, but im really not sure about this.  Besides that, i
feel that im ready for this project.  I will be ordering some good RF
doorknob caps.  All of my caps will be .002uf at 40kv (the primary cap, rf
bypass, grid leak, filament bypass).  These caps that im getting have been
used on spark gap type coils, so i would assume them to bo good for VTTC
service.  I will use a large MOT with a voltage doubler.  Regular
pri/grid/sec coils that most people use.  Im hoping for 22" or better from
this project, and hopefully no more than 20A input to the MOT, as i only
have a hefty 7.5A variac.

I will also start looking into a website, as i do have a VTTC, and i feel
that there isnt too many of those out there.  And i need to get some pics of
all of my stuff!  Thanks for the help!

Steve Ward.