Re: nonresonant cap = imcomplete charge ?

In a message dated 10/23/02 1:34:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> I partially disagree your statement.  The capacitive reactance of the tank
> capacitor will cancel out some of the inductive reactance of the NST and in
> resonance, all the inductive reactance.  Which causes the primary current
> of the NST to increase up past the VA rating of the transformer.  The
> inductive reactance in the secondary of the NST and its magnetic shunts
> limit the current and  therefore VA power draw.
>
> My system uses an unmodified NST, 12kv 60mA, 720 VA, which should give 6
> amps of primary current but my system, measured with a RMS meter, pulls 13
> amps or so.  Cap value is LTR 0.0212 uF.
>
> Shaun Epp

Shaun,

I assume you are not overvolting the NST past 120 Volts input?
I assume too that you have not depotted the NST or changed it in
any way?

Well in any case, I said that what I said below may not be true
in every case....

John