ARSG Results

Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

Team , Ted L in NZ here

Well the wind droppped and tried Daniel Barnett ASRG on the 6MOT 88nF coil
running up to 900bps

Not a good day I learned a few things (which I should have reaslised too)

A metal rotor with tight clearance to the static electrodes will get hot,
hot metal gets longer, longer means less clearance. This all happened and
electrodes started to collide. Opened up before damage.

Ran up at power and the tungsten welded tips broke off from brass rod. Maybe
weakend from slight collisions. So significant rebuild reqd.

Most interestingly before failure I found mains current drawn was much lower
than anticipated, only about 1/4 of full power.
Best
Ted L