RE: ARSG Max bps query

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

"Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:

>Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

>Team
>Well ARSG is complete and ready to use.
>This gap will reach max bps of 800/sec
>
>Any comments on whether this is enough for 6MOT's 88nF
>
>Tnx
>Ted L in NZ

Hi Ted,

I use a 10 kVA pole pig system with 83 nFD and i find that
300 to 350 bps is about the best sparking range for me :-)
So I'm sure with your 88 nFD, an 800 bps ceiling is ade-
quate. Higher bps yield longer sparks at a given power
input level, but if the bps is too high then the power
transformer cannot fully charge the primary cap in between
the breaks.

Sparkin' in Memphis,
David Rieben