Re: nonresonant cap = imcomplete charge ?

Original poster: "J Dow by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jdowphotography-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Snip!
(“Call me thick headed, but...
I understand how a less than resonant cap
(i.e. xfmr req 27.5nf and tank cap is say 12nf or some number below 27.5)
does not use all of the power of the xfmr energy.

with a LTR cap, the energy from the xfmr charges the cap, and then
there is still time left in the cycle that is not charging the cap.
this equals less energy per bang.”)

If I’m correct one may remedy this buy rotating the motor of an SRSG or
adding more electrodes.
That is… if the SRSG is discharging the cap at the peek of the cycle then
there is still half a cycle left unclaimed. If you use 2 electrodes on your
SRSG one for the rise sided of the cycle and one for the down side then one
can take full advantage of the half cycle…

Go over to Richie’s web page and read about SRSG’s
http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/tesla.shtml

Cool as cool and twice as fast as fast

Read you later
Josh

Unlimited Internet access -- and 2 months free!  Try MSN.
http://resourcecenter.msn-dot-com/access/plans/2monthsfree.asp