Re: Don't throw out the oven!

Yes but if memory serves a Faraday cage is good from it's design freq on
down (not up). Since Microwaves work at very high freqs (GHz I think) then
the KHz range of a coil would be just fine for it.

Now, if you build a tiny coil and put it inside the box, it may not work
since the tiny coil may have a freq higher than the cage can hold. The upper
freq limit is set my the largest opening of the box, and it's relationship
to the wavelength. Basicly it's like you can't fit something with a 2"
wavelength through a 1" hole or something like that. One of the RF guru's
(like Jim :) ) understand thes things far better than I do, but I *think*
that's how it works.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'd like to know for sure the reasons WHY a
faraday cage works.

Christopher "Duck" Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group
www.thegeekgroup-dot-org

"He had that rare weird electricity about him--that
extremely wild and heavy presence that you only see in
a person who has abandoned all hope of ever behaving
normally." --Hunter S. Thompson