Re: Non ballasting a pig?

Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>

> Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

> Hi Ken,

[cut cut]

> > I should haul it out to a factory with a large power feed and try to
measure
> > the surge current during the first half cycle of AC input.
> >
> > KEN
>
> Hey, that's a  great idea. It would be some good information to take a
look
> at. I assume the factory has
> all the good equipment for monitoring?

I need to probably supply the equipment, but at least the typical factory
will have some fierce 240 volt circuit that would not even notice if I threw
a crobar across it. I have a few 400amp dc shunts which can be used to
measure AC surge current with a scope.

KEN