First Light w/MMC :-))

Original poster: "Winston Krutsch by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <u236-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hi All,

	After 3 months of silence, the neighborhood was once again "blessed" by
the sound of my coil :-)).  This time it was armed with a new Geek MMC.

	Prior to this, I was getting 3.5 feet from 2kVA.  Now I'm getting 5
feet, which would be longer if I had more running room.  The coil was
hitting everything, including the ground ;-)).  It was also breaking out
in multiple places at times, forming 2 or 3 separate three-footers.

	This was with the same cap value (0.075 uF) as before :-)).  I can't
wait to go 0.11 uF, and my new big secondary.  For now, I'm stuck with
my small 4" by 21" coil.  I can't even adjust the coupling here, due to
bad designing of the primary form.  I'm getting at least 3x the
resonator length worth of spark, and haven't seen any signs of secondary
coil stress.  This little guy is taking more than my old 6" by 28" one
can, already ;-(.

Question:  After a nice 30 second run, the two middle strings of my MMC
were slightly warmer than the others (maybe 1 or 2 degrees F), which
remained stone cold.  Is this a concern???  I'm hoping that this is due
to their being 6" directly under the primary coil, rather than bad
capacitor design.

Comments are appreciated :-))

Thanks,
Winston K.