Suggestions for Hookup wire...

Original poster: "Jeremy Scott by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <supertux1-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for
high voltage hookup wire.

Specifically, for connections to the primary
coil, spark gap, capacitor, NST etc...

I'm thinking about using some coaxial cable scrap,
using the braided sheild as the main conductor and
TNC or BNC fittings as terminal posts. This way
I can mix and match different capacitors, spark
gap etc... with just a twist.

I hate using spade lugs and generally 'un aesthetic'
methods of wiring. (booster cables anyone?)

I figure the center conductor is going to be
pretty much useless, so I'll cut it off.

Does anyone see any problem with this? Is the
resistance in coaxial braid too high?