Re: Higher Pri. Voltage

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

There are advantages, but the disadvantages of higher voltages greatly
outweigh the advantages:

Higher Primary Voltages cause the following:

1.  Requirement of higher voltage capacitors.  This can be an extreme
problem has the price goes up exponentially as you increase voltage.

2.  Stand-off between components (wire, terminals, etc..) becomes much
greater.  Emphasis must be made to prevent corona discharge to
prevent catastrophic failure etc... This includes rotary spark gap design
and everything else.

Your best bet is stay with a 14400 pole transformer.

Dan

> Hi Guys,
>
> This afternoon after church, I got a bug to go thru the archives, looking
up
> everything on bombarders.  (No reason, something I wanted to check out.)
Any