4 kv 20 ma shunts

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>

I could use some help in removing shunts from my Franceformer 4 kv 20 ma
transformer.  I have not done this before and am having trouble figuring out
where they are and how to get them out.  I would describe this transformer as
a closed frame with a core bar through the center.  The primary is wound on
one side of the central core and the secondary on the other side.  There are
several small pieces of soft metal between the secondary winding and the
frame both above and below it.  I don't know exactly how many there are but
they are well secured with shellac and covered with a stiff paper material
between them and the frame.  I don't know if those are the shunts that I want
to remove, but they are well secured and very soft, they just want to bend as
I try to drive them out.

There are also two sets of thicker iron laminations between the primary and
secondary.  They are sitting in there sideways, looking end on at them from
the side of the transformer.  These are sitting on top of the central E core,
above and below the central E bar.  I hope someone can understand this.

Which of these two are the shunts that I want to remove to increase the
output current?  What do you do with the remaining shunts that you want to
put back in?  Just epoxy them back in place?

Thanks, Ed Sonderman