MOT supply construction question

Original poster: "Michael Strube by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mjstrube-at-earthlink-dot-net>

I m in the process of constructing a MOT-based supply that will be immersed in
oil. I ve not tried this before, so here is a naïve question do the connections
that will be under oil need to be soldered? Up to this point, all my dry
transformers have just used the quick connects that are available on MOTs. I m
guessing that I need to solder those now if they will be in oil. Thanks in
advance for any help.

Mike