Re: "Cheating" was Re: The Tabletop Tesla Coil Showdown

Original poster: "Paul Nicholson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <paul-at-abelian.demon.co.uk>

Terry wrote:
> Long's peak is closer, the road is better,

Ah, but the road to Pike's peak has got to be more fun!
Esp with a few 10^2 BHP under the right foot.

A solution to the atmospheric problem, and others,
is to have coils tested against each other, head to head,
so to speak.   You'd end up with a collection of regional
championships, held at teslathons, etc.  That way, the
competition is fair, and lots of people get the chance to
win their local events.

The rules could be tuned in each region to take account
of local availability of parts, eg NZ would use 5/30 NST,
US the 4/20, etc.

Maybe the competitors/spectators at regional level should
pay an entry fee, the total of which would fund the
regional winner to attend a national event, etc, etc.

This way, everyone gets to scrutinise each others coils,
drink lots of beer, etc.   We'd see the whole spectrum
from simple hobby coils, through to the full 'works' entry.

> BTW - This could also affect the results I got for some
> of the TSSP list data too!!

Unfortunately not enough, and in the wrong direction, to
make results agree with predictions.
--
Paul Nicholson