RE: Send a Franceformer to NZ. was; To set the record straight

Hi Gary, all,

On 10 Oct 2002, at 21:50, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

> Hi Malcolm:
>
> As organizer and final arbiter of the rules, I am creating two competition
> categories.  The first category may only use a faceplate-rated 4kV/20mA
> NST, of any manufacturer.  Shunt removal is permitted to the extent that
> secondary short circuit current is limited to 50mA at the faceplate primary
> voltage.
>
> The second category will permit any NST voltage/current combination as long
> as the measured secondary short circuit current times faceplate secondary
> voltage does not exceed 200 VA, same as a hopped-up 4/20 (4/50) NST.
>
> I'm hoping that these rules keep both 4/20 purists, and those unable to
> source a 4/20 but wish to compete with something close, happy.  I do
> realize that the two categories are to a degree apples and fruit salad, but
> it will be interesting none the less to compare the results.

In that case, I will see what can be done with the 5kV/30. I'll check
your website for further details (allowable gaps etc.). It will be
several weeks before I get onto it but results will be forthcoming
this year.

Regards,
Malcolm