Attaching Toroid

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Megavolt57-at-aol-dot-com>

    I recently purchased materials for a new toroid.  I was very happy with
how it turned out.  For my 3.5" by 13 inch secondary I bought 4 90 degree
aluminum elbow pieces for ducting (3" diameter). It is very sturdy and quite
smooth; my only problem is that it is too heavy/small to put any kind of
aluminum pie pan in the center.  I was told that I should use plywood to put
between the secondary and the topload, but when I do this it seems awfully
high off the secondary.  Any suggestions?

73's, Kc0Ion, "Ion-Boy"