Re: Halloween Coiling and the FCC

Original poster: "Paul Nicholson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <paul-at-abelian.demon.co.uk>

dwp wrote:
> I STILL have not seen (have i missed it?)
> which Rx freq was used in the 'my friend the ham
> heard me 20 miles away' test.

Details are conspicuous by their absence, as so often in
TC research: an interesting observation accompanied by
little or no data.  Oh well.

I was saying that it would be unlikely for a TC to be
heard at 20 miles at its operating frequency.  Maybe
it could be picked up at higher frequency.

I've since had a rethink and done some sums.  Maybe it
is possible to pick up the operating frequency at such
a range, without requiring a long radiative ground lead.
There could be a few 10's to a few 100 uV/m at 20 miles
from a medium sized coil.   Whether this is detectable
depends on the bandwidth over which the radiation is
spread.

If anyone is in range of the mid Pennines, UK, (Todmorden,
53 deg 42' north, 2 deg 4' west, about mid way between
Manchester and Leeds) I'll have a go at trying to pick up
their signals.  I have a very 'quiet' location for radio
reception, and I can rig up a sensitive receiver for the
frequencies involved.

Wonder who my nearest coiler is?   Would be a nice
surprise if someone was in range.
--
Paul Nicholson