RE: synchronous vac gap!?!

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

I have also noted that for brief periods at certain reduced variac
settings, the static gap will settle into a synchronous 60 BPS mode of
operation.  This would last a few seconds at most, then degenerate into the
"normal" chaotic mode.

Gary Lau
MA, USA