Jefferson Magnetek transformer

Original poster: "Matt Morrissette by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <yinzara-at-MIT.EDU>

The transformer I have is a 120V AC to 15000V 30mA 60hz 450 va transformer. It
has to large electrodes (one on each side) surrounded by ceramic insulation.
There are also two small electrodes with insulation on one side. There is also
a screw on the other side that looks similar to a ground. I connect 120V AC
power into the two smaller electrodes and I m only get 300V out of the large
electrodes. Does anyone have any idea what I m doing wrong?

Matt