Re: The Truth? Was RE: Sci-Fi Channel - In Search of - Tesla Death Rays!!!

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Beans45601-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 10/07/2002 7:37:51 PM Central Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Original poster: "Ken Stevens by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <bluewaterdiver-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>
> Don't get me wrong. I wasn't condoning or condemning their view of it,
> just giving a play by play.
>
> I think Mr. Powers took a missile up the pipe myself!
>
> I do really believe that history's view is sadly misaligned though. If
> you ask any child in school who invented the electricity we use today
> you'll probably get Edison or Franklin. I never even heard about Tesla
> till Science classes.
>
> Over the past couple of years I have been doing a lot of reading into
> Tesla's inventions and contributions. I realize my view may be
> subjective, but I personally think the man got a raw deal from
> Westinghouse and the Govt.
>
> But, that's my opinion.
>
> Ken Stevens

I am 15 and in the 10th grade (at a science magnet even) and i can tell you
first hand that i know of 1 other person in the whole school who actually knows
who Tesla was/is. I can't believe that absulty no one knows of tesla (a couple
of the science teachers know who he is). They should have a Tesla class... I
would take it
Thanks
Adam