Re: Leakage inductance

Original poster: "Laurence Davis by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <meknar-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I've downloaded this software before.
There is a demo version available.  If i remember correctly,
it only allows two windings and does not save designs.

I'm not a designer by any means.  The program seems to be quite
capable, but I have as of yet not been able to get the proper
numbers out of it.  The demo has a limited number of cores and core
materials.  Quite an impressive package, but I don't know the price.

check out the demo though.

larry.

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Leakage inductance
>Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 12:24:27 -0600

<snip>

>Calculating leakage inductance I think is not trivial...
>   http://www.intusoft-dot-com/mag.htm
>(it's way beyond hobbyist budget, i've never used it)
>
>But, what exactly are you trying to do?
>Do you want to minimize leakage, or get it to match a specific value you
>have in mind?

<snip>