Re: The Tabletop Tesla Coil Showdown - OFFICIAL RULES and WEBSITE

Original poster: "marc metlicka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Gary, all,
If the goal is "best coil with equal PSU's, Then why would it be ok too
remove any shunts at all? Not all coilers that may be interested in the
contest have the ability\facilty to cook down an nst, So these coilers
will feel that there isn't much point in trying when most entries will
be modified?
 Also, what is to stop other "devious" modifications while within the
guts of the thing? (maybe popping a layer of primary windings off for
example)
 I'm not trying to be "nit-picky", but things do have a way of happening
in competition.
 I think the short circuit current of an unmodified tranny would be the
best single rule. Then maybe the ability to run continuous for 30
seconds three times with a 1 minute cool down allowance?
Take care,
Marc M.