The TRUE definition of high voltage.

Original poster: "Cajun Coiler by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <cajuncoiler-at-cox-dot-net>

I've noticed a thread about the definition of high voltage,
with subsequent scuffles about arcing, and so I took to the
books to find the TRUE definition that we can use as a standard...

...indeed the answer was found WITHIN the standard (at least
here in the United States it's the standard).  From various
articles of the 1987 edition of 'The National Electrical Code"...

Low voltage: 30 volts and below.
Nominal voltage: 31-2000 volts.
Medium voltage: 2001-13,800 volts.
High voltage: 13,801 volts and above.

...just thought y'all might be interested to know.

---
C.L. Mayeux
Owner, MSB Data Systems
poohbear1961-at-cox-dot-net