Re: Backwards primary?

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

<Beans45601-at-aol-dot-com>

> I was wondering, Would it help anything if you made a primary that,
instead of
> starting at the primary and going up, it went from the secondary down? I
am not
> sure if i said it right, but, i think you get the idea. It seems that it
would
> cut down on the primary strikes...

If this is equivalent to wind the primary in a different direction,
no difference at all.

> Also, it is possible to wind your secondary
> and take out the pipe? What would be the pros of doing this?

You will obtain a more fragile secondary, after a lot of work.
No measurable advantage, unless your form is very, very, lossy.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz