RE: The Tabletop Tesla Coil Showdown - OFFICIAL RULES and WEBSITE

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

>Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

>I'm officially tired of this endless whine so I'm AUDI!!!!  Go
>organize your own contest.
>
>My two bucks!
>Dan

There is much to share and be learned in such a competition and it would be
a shame to let such a good idea die on the vine.  I have a greater
tolerance of whining, so I would be happy to pick up the baton and continue
to organize and host (on-line) the mini coil competition.

My competition goals are as follows:
1) To permit a fair comparison of coils built with any 4kV/20mA NST, with
regulations to ensure that the NST is not operated in a manor hazardous to
its well being that would create an unfair performance advantage.
2) To be as inclusive as possible, allowing a separate category for entries
that have the same maximum faceplate volts times short circuit Amps.
Considerably greater design latitude will be permitted here.

If there were no rules or regulations, such a competition would be
pointless and one might just as well peruse the Tesla Coil Web Ring.  I
will post a complete summary of my thoughts for rules to this List shortly,
and on my web site as well.  And I would be happy to discuss counterproposals.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA