From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 8:00 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: The PING Test

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<FutureT-at-aol-dot-com>

John

I posted the specs for that coil about 100 times over the last few
years.  I didn't make any Q measurements.  I just compared
input power and spark lengths for the two configurations;
high inductance vs. low inductance for the primary and secondary.
Higher surge impedance gives lower gap losses because of
the lower currents.  This is because of the non-linear nature
of spark gaps.

John