Re: toroid size

Greg,

My old research coil secondary was 4" dia x 23" tall, and the
spark length was limited to about 60" at 120 bps.  As I went
over 60", I started to get racing sparks.  At 240 bps, I would
have been able to get longer sparks, maybe 80" or so.  Using
the 6" dia secondary, I was able to get a couple more inches
of spark length before the racing sparks began.
Based on this as a proportional comparison, you may be reaching
the limit for spark length for your secondary for 200 bps.
I can't prove that things will scale up linearly, but they may
(or close to linearly anyway).

Some other folks may have coils of a similar height to yours,
with a simlar toroid size and may be getting long sparks at
200 bps which would disprove what I say above?

Cheers,
John