20khz transformer

Original poster: "Mark Rossman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <marossma-at-oakland.edu>

Hello,
    I have successfully used a 20khz transformer on a small coil, 3x15 in
secondary.  I used 490 pf caps and I get small arcs off of it(5-6 in).  I
have always assumed thats because im way under cap.  According to recent
posts it shouldnt be able to work, although my cap is way to small so should
take less time to charge.

So will recitfing it into DC pulses improve performence?  This also makes me
wonder, about only allowing 120v input and making a voltage doubler on the
HV end.  Any other ideas to help my performace would be appreated too.  like
details on the recitifier grid refered too(unsless its just a bunch of
diodes in series to handle the high voltage)

                                                    thanks
                                                        Mark