Re: TC discharge... safe or not

Original poster: "Brett Miller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <brmtesla-at-yahoo-dot-com>

SNIP

 > I have done the experment where you stand
 > on the platform and
 > draw arcs to a metal object you are holding, and it
 > felt safe. But, is it?

Adam,

Nope.  One arc over to the primary and you are dead.

Not to mention the effect of secondary reactions from
the high frequency AC passing through your muscle and
nerve tissue.  It can cause you to twitch and jerk and
possibly fall off of your platform and plant your face
right on the working primary, where again, you will
*very* likely be electrocuted.

The reason why it "felt safe" is because the human
nervous system is not extremely responsive at TC
frequencies.  This is why you can receive an RF burn
that penetrates all the way to the bone before you
even know anything is wrong.

-Brett

 > Thanks
 > Adam