Re: tesla coil grounding

Original poster: "Black Moon by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <black_moons-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Yes. grounding is NEEDED
grounding provides a refrence for the output of the tc
otherwise it does strange things..
like at the peak of a wave, the bottom will be a say -100kv and the top
will be at +100kv, well, the primary capasatance and such will affect it...
actualy. I bet the main toriod capasatance would actualy make the top be at
like 10kv at the bottom be at like 190kv!