Re: Streamer direction vs BPS

Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2002 2:10 PM
Subject: Re: Streamer direction vs BPS
Hi John et al
The motor is a cheap angle grinder one and it operates between 15k and 20k
rpm and directly drives the rotor (ie gearing down removed) The audio note
climbing to > 3kHz sounds awsome however

With 12 bangs per rev I can get bps up to over 3kHz which is clearly beyond
the capacity of the supply 6MOT's hitting 88nF)

To date my best results have been with a 300bps sync rotary with a good
static in parallel which also fires when the rotary cannot. (ie the static
gap fills in if the rotary is not presenting) This seems to work in my case
because I'm firing at 90deg plus and minus 15deg so there is still lots of
voltage around to drive the static gap before the rotary presents.

Tnx for ur thoughts
Ted L in NZ