Re: ASRG

Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

Hi Claude
A word of warning with close spaced gaps. If you are using the Terry Blake
type of arrangement
http://www.tb3-dot-com/tesla/sparkgaps/arsg_8/arsg_8.html

Watch out for rotor expansion as the rod heats up. I've learned the hard way
that this is an issue.

In limited experiments I have to say I've not seen much (any noticable)
imapct between very close (ie 0.1mm) and 1mm clearances in my ASRG based
onTerry's low inertia rotor. The only point I noted was the onset of firing
was higher on the variac as you would expect

Will perhaps experiment a little taking more care  and only changing the gap
parameter.
Best
Ted L in NZ