DC Powered Large Tesla Coils

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

I finally got my High Voltage resonant-mode DC power supply to work this
past week and am ready to begin thinking
how I am going to incorporate this into the DC Tesla Coil I am planning on
building.
Using a dummy load set-up, I managed to get a sustained output of 2000mA at
45.5kVDC.  However, I am planning on
running the supply at a much lower current at about 500mA at 45kVDC.  My
current plan calls for a large conventional
type tesla coil running with a large ARSG.

My question is, that I wanted to get some advice, 'lessons learned', etc...
from people who have already ventured into
the DC powered tesla coil arena.  I'm current working on some very detailed
simulations to see the effects of varying
BPS and cap size is for something like this.

Any advice, comments, appreciated!

Thanks
Dan