Re: DC? was: mechanical bridge rectifier

HI Josh,
         All transformers *require* a changing magnetic field to work.
A classic disruptive TC does this by discharing a cazapitor through
its primary inductor. At the instant the gap fires, the cap doesn't
care whether its been charged from an AC or DC source. In CW
situations (which is essentially what mains is), an AC source is
required. Could be sine, square or triangular or some combination
thereof.

Malcolm

On 20 Nov 2002, at 11:57, Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "J Dow by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<jdowphotography-at-hotmail-dot-com>