DC? was: mechanical bridge rectifier

Original poster: "J Dow by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jdowphotography-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Good evening folks
Recently I asked about rectifying AC on the low side of the mane
transformer in a TC.
The answers from the list were a resounding NO it can’t be dun.  So then if
DC is bad for transformer action why is it ok for HV TC work? The TC (pri ­
sec) is just a transformer.
Why is DC bad for one kind of transformer and not for another?

And- hey thanks for the Mechanical rectifier replies! As I am into super
cool looking things I may try one out. I was imagining a supped up spark
gap used as the SRSG and the rectifier at the same time. It would be on an
1800-rpm motor with 12 electrodes. 4 for the SRSG and 8 for the rectifier.
I don’t really think it will offer much in the way of performance but it
will sure be fun. And that’s the point.

Read you all later
Josh