Re: weird nst

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Ah yes, Magnetek!

I absolutley hate repairing those particular transformers! Me and my friend
were repairing a 15/60, but in the end the coils were out of phase and one
coil was still burning.  So we took it out and i used some muscle and must
have tossed that thing 40 feet in the air.  Sore shoulder, but anger
management, you bet ;).

I would not even bother trying to grind all of those plates.  You will
probably deform them in the process and make it very tough to get the core
back together.  Id just leave it, or you may want to smash it like i did.

Steve Ward.

PS, France are very good for rebuilding and removing shunts.