Re: MOT Power Supply

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

Hello everyone,
        I'm thinking about a new power supply, and would like to go with
MOTs. What are the rules for ganging them? Do they have to be same voltage,
amperage, or close physical size?

        Also, has anyone built a MPSU (MOT PSU) that is 120/240 via switch
or jumpers? How well did that work out? For ballasts, Use another large MOT
or Two (for 240 i suppose)? How is cappacitive ballasting working?

What size tank caps and gaps are you all using with MPSUs , and What size
coils? Since I used a 6" for just my 12/60 and I don't really feel like
making another whole coil, would a  6" secondary be fine? Has anyone done
good with an MPSU and not a Synch gap?

Thanks for  your input,
Jonathon Reinhart
hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon