Re: Ping Tester/ Complementary emitter-follower

Hi Jolyon,

Any low impedance step function circuit will work.  There is a concern that
you need enough voltage to get good signals on the test equipment.  I used
a 2500 volt step for Paul's Qvar experiments:

http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/qvar070402/

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/Paul/4-06/P4060004.jpg

A pretty elaborate machine but it was to get good signal strengths and do
long term timing functions.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/Paul/3-24/PingSchem.jpg

You can dig around for more info in the files at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/Paul/

Cheers,

         Terry