Re: Ignatrons for sale

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 11/15/02 2:17:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>
>
>Hello everyone,
>
>         Can I ask, what is an ignatron?
>
>---------------------------------------
>Jonathon Reinhart
>hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon
>
>In a message dated 11/14/02 10:06:01 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
>
> >Chip
> >I have two ignatrons made by General Electric. One is a model #GL-7171.
> >It's a normal sized tube. The other is a monster model #GL-37207A.
> >Please pass on the info.
> >Thanks
> >Joe

>Jonathon Reinhart
>hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon

Hi Jonathon,

        An IGNItron is a rectifier having a cathode consisting of a pool of
mercury and an igniter immersed in the pool that is energized by an
auxiliary circuit at the start of each cycle.
        An IGNAtron is an IGNORant misspelling of IGNItron very common on
the internet.

Matt D.